More On Higher Education in Canada

Higher education in Canada can be classified into three groups which include the under-listed:

  1. College: In Canada, the term College usually refers to a community college or technical, applied arts, or applied science school. These are post-secondary institutions granting certificates, diplomas, associate’s degree, bachelor’s degrees and postgraduate degrees.
  2. University: A University is an Institution of higher education and research, which grants academic degrees in a variety of subjects. A University is a corporation that provides both undergraduate education and postgraduate education.
  3. Graduate School: A graduate school is a school that awards advanced academic degrees (i.e master’s degree, Ph.D.)

For more information, contact us.